Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Supernova Progress

We got the first set of piecing instructions last Thursday.  I managed to complete 1 set of the sub units.


I think they are turning out quite nicely!  I sewed one so I could take a picture and then I sewed assembly line style and got the blue sewn onto all the oranges.  I ran out of blue, though...I will have to buy some more before I can copmplate the 13th block.  I will attempt to press and sew the rest into sub units tomorrow.

Oh...and bonus!  I sewed the diagonal on all the blocks and then sewed another line about 1/2 inch from the original line.  Then, when I cut off the unneeded triangles, I was left with these lovelies!