Full edition? what's that, you ask? Well, I took the time to organize and get pictures of all the WIP that crossed my path. there are more, but they are merely in the "I have a pattern and have bought the fabric" stage.
First, let's start with an apology for the crappy pictures. My excuse is simply that I was taking them in my tiny craft room (with awful lighting) and that it was almost midnight. My first completed project is proof of that.
here), I found a "make your own clock" kit that included a wood square and all the mechanics. I used some scrapbook paper, ink, glossy accents and stickles to design the front and voila! A new clock...now if only I could find a stinkin' nail!
Now. Here are the "after" pictures of my cleaning efforts.
big improvement, yes?
Now, for the hard part...all the works in progress, which are stored in the cubbies in the pictures below. I hope by moving them to these spots where I can see them, that I will work on them more. I'll let you know how that works out.
By the way...none of these quilts have names. Feel free to suggest some for me!
1. Mystery Quilt - only needs the binding finished. I hope to finish it over the weekend. There will be a more in depth post about it when it is complete.
2. Mystery Quilt - needs borders, backing, binding... I am waiting for the perfect border fabric to come along.
3. Mystery Quilt - this one was before I knew how to put borders on, so they need to come off and get sewn back on properly. Motivation for that much ripping is hard. There are also a couple of "holes" where the thread missed some of one of the fabrics in the seam. It was one of my first quilts, and who knows, I may even finish it one day. It also, of course, needs backing and binding.
4.Mystery Quilt - This one was supposed to be churn dash blocks, but I kinda flipped them. This one also needs borders, backing and binding.
5. Mystery Quilt - This one has it's borders and is waiting on backing and binding.
This would be the point at which I realized my flash was off and turned it back on. Maybe you will actually be able to see the colors on some of these. I promise to get better pictures of all of these as they are completed. :)
6. Mystery Quilt - This one needs borders, backing and binding, but the good news is that the fabric has been purchased. Next step is cutting.
7. Mystery Quilt - This one also has borders and cut binding, but it needs a backing. Once the mystery was together, the backing fabric I bought for it was totally wrong.
8. Mystery Quilt - This one still needs another row of blocks made, borders, backing and binding.
9. Mystery Quilt - As you can see, this one didn't go far. LOL. All the pieces are cut and bagged. It will get finished after I finish some of the completed tops. It has border fabric, though!
10. Unnamed Bargello - This lovely stack of fabric hasn't even been cut yet, but is intended for a bargello from the Twist-and-Turn Bargello book in the picture.
11. Mystery Quilt - Oh look...another one. All cut up and ready to go...started, even! It will get done after some completed tops are done.
12. Mystery Quilt - This is a kit for one that has yet to be started. One of these days...or I may just absorb the fabric into something else.
13. Mystery Quilt - So too might this one be absorbed. I have made one of these already, but when they put the kits on sale, I liked 2 different color-ways so much, I got them both. Too bad I didn't like the overall pattern when the mystery was solved.
14. Mystery Quilt - This one was NOT an extra kit. The pieces have been cut, but were sewn wrong and then ripped back apart. I haven't touched it since. It will get completed and not absorbed, though. :)
15. Ogee QAL - This is the current location and state of the Ogee Quiltalong. All the pieces are cut and ready to go. Surprisingly, I am current on this one. :)
16. Mod Times QAL - Here it sits. The QAL is done already and I came nowhere near finishing. The good news is that I have until December...maybe even January to finish it.
17. This one has pieces cut and marked. Sewing will commence after some flimsies are done.
18. Batik BOM - As you can see in the picture, I only completed a month and a half of this one. Oops.
19. Professional Tote - I bought the pattern and fabric. People kept telling me how hard the instructions were to understand, so I have been putting it off. One of these days...
20. Mystery Quilt - I am waiting for the perfect border idea to come around. It will also need backing and binding.
20? Did I really just post 20 WIPs? Yep. But wait; there's more...
21. Puff Quilt Dog Bed - I have been collecting and cutting up scraps to 3 inch (I think) squares and sewing them into puffs. When I have enough sewn, I will start making rows. This is a long-term ongoing project.
22. Thread Catcher - This is soon (very soon) to become a thread catcher for me, because (shockingly) I don't own a single one. My craft room doesn't even have a trash can yet!
24. Crazy Quilt BOM - Yep. That's it. I never made it very far. Maybe one of these days I'll try it again.
25. Table Runners - Yes. Multiple table runners. I plan to make all of these for my table...one day.
26. Mystery Quilt - I have this lovely stack of blocks. I'm not sure what I want to do with them yet. I need to create an alternating block to go with them...get fabric, borders, backing, binding...ideas...
27. Mystery Quilt - I didn't get a picture of this one because it lives in a bag in the trunk of my car. It is basted and everything...awaiting a machine bigger than mine to quilt it. Maybe I can beg my M-I-L to take it?
28. Dear Jane Quilt - I have started this quilt and made 5 or 6 blocks. This will be a long-term, ongoing project. This is my "map" for the fabric I will be using on all the blocks. The backgrounds will be all tans and browns and the colors on the map are 1 inch swatches of the actual fabric that has been mod-podged and glossied to a board in the right order.
Whew! There are actually a couple more projects, but I got tired. :( They'll make it on here eventually.